iPhone busted. :(

1303.jpg 1303.jpg picture by chrishumphreys1

My iPhone died. :(

Well, to be more exact the screen cracked pretty severly.  Somehow the thing actually still works!!  The touchscreen is still totally responsive believe it or not, but obviously, the time has probably come to trade up to a new model.

To be honest, I was a little bummed.  I kinda wanted to wait for the next version or least a higher capacity came out, but living with a cracked screen for the next few months doesn't sound worth it. :)

Of course ya'll want to know how this happened and honestly I wish I had a better story!

I was playing tennis and practing my serves and I jumped up and when I jumped the phone literally flew out of my pocket and landed face down on the cemement.  Crazy huh?!

Annie - November 4, 2008 - 12:02 PM

Sad! I feel your pain. I know we’ll all miss Mr. iPhone dearly… he was a good phone and a good friend. Let me know how 3G is… and the battery life. I’ll expect a full report.

Tammy Marcelain - November 4, 2008 - 12:07 PM

My friend sold her iphone on ebay with a smashed screen just like yours for about $150, I just sold mine on ebay, the earpiece didn’t work any more for $174. Both items had total disclosure of course, I guess people just buy them for parts or something…

Phil Mantas - November 4, 2008 - 12:52 PM

I would definitely hold on to this Iphone. Years from now you can always say that you have the original, and that it still works, just like a Timex:)

Andrew Schaefer - November 4, 2008 - 3:39 PM

Battery life isn’t nearly as bad as everyone says on the 3G. The 3G is fast and works great (when it’s working, coverage is a little spotty at times.) Sorry to hear about this but I’m sure you’ll love the new one.

Amanda Herzberger (Orchard Cove) - November 4, 2008 - 5:11 PM

Man that stinks! Bummer!

Tim - November 18, 2008 - 4:52 PM

holy poop!!!!!! well done

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.